Apart from Arabic, the Group launched an English-language channel, in 2005 that broadcasts in the Middle East and North Africa, and a channel dedicated to teens. SpaceToon now operates channels in Indonesian, Korean and Hindi. Spacetoon English closed on January 1, 2011.
SpaceToon Production has produced a 52 episode educational TV series called “Data City”. SpaceToon owns the licensing rights to some of the hottest brand names in children’s characters, including the well-loved Let’s & Go.
SpaceToon was the first channel in the world to categorize its programs into ten “planets” on the basis of suitability for a particular audience in a solar system of ten planets (Action, Adventure, Bon Bon, Comedy, Education, Girls, History, Movie, Science and Sports). This concept is protected by license.
In publishing, the SpaceToon Kids Magazine encourages them to learn about the world around them. Cartoon characters from TV programs guide kids through each section of the magazine, helping them to learn through fun. SpaceToon Girls Magazine is the only magazine entirely dedicated to young girls. The magazine is packed with craft activities, health & beauty issues, along with stories from the “Girls Planet” TV programs. Over 200,000 copies of Spacetoon Kids Magazine are printed every month and are distributed throughout the region. Spacetoon “Girl’s” Magazine has a monthly print run of 50,000 copies.
The company produced a “Mini Theater” which plays in the major cities of the GCC countries. The productions are based on animated cartoons such as “Popeye”, “Pink Panther”, “Detective Conan” etc. SpaceToon also developed the “Think & Play” concept, which allows kids to take part in activities such as the Let’s & Go racing event (which attracted over 140,000 paying competitors in Dubai, Saudi Arabia and Egypt).
SpaceToon business footprint covers the Middle East, North Africa, Indonesia, Korea, Hong Kong, Canada, Japan, and India.
Spacetoon airs shows such as:
Hanna-Barbera/Cartoon Network Studios cartoons
Warner Bros cartoons
- SpongeBob Squarepants (Comedy)
- Fairly Odd Parents (Comedy)
- Dora The Explorer (Adventure)
- Blues Clues (Bon-Bon)
- Team Umizoomi (Bon-Bon)
- Avatar:The Last Airbender (Action)
- Rugrats (Comedy)
- As Told By Ginger (Bon Bon)
New and upcoming shows/movies
Anime with which this company was involved:
- Ashurajō no Hitomi (live-action movie) : Broadcaster
- Basilisk (TV) : Broadcaster
- Black Cat (TV) : Broadcaster
- Casshern (live-action movie) : Broadcaster
- Fist of the North Star (TV) : سيف النار
- Gad Guard (TV) : Broadcaster
- Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (TV) : Broadcaster
- Hakugei: Legend of the Moby Dick (TV) : Broadcaster
- Inuyasha (TV) : Broadcaster
- Iria – Zeiram the Animation (OAV) : Broadcaster
- Jyūshin Enbu – Hero Tales (TV) : Broadcaster
- Last Exile (TV) : Broadcaster
- Naruto (TV) : Broadcaster
- One Piece (TV) : Broadcaster
- Peacemaker (TV) : Broadcaster
- Sakura Wars (TV) : Broadcaster
- Samurai 7 (TV) : Broadcaster
- SHINOBI (live-action movie) : Broadcaster
- Shura no Toki: Age of Chaos (TV) : Broadcaster
- Solty Rei (TV) : Broadcaster
- Vexille – 2077 Isolation of Japan (movie) : Broadcaster
- Zaion: I Wish You Were Here (TV) : Broadcaster
Spacetoon International Channels
Spacetoon Group has 2 channels in the middle east which is Spacetoon and Space Power tv for sport and action programs. Spacetoon English closed on January 1, 2011.
Kids Media India Pvt. Ltd. is a 100% subsidiary of Spacetoon Media Group, in India and is headquartered in Mumbai.
TV Anak Spacetoon
Spacetoon also has a branch in Indonesia. Spacetoon was launched in Indonesia on March 24, 2005.
BBC is a 100% subsidiary of Spacetoon Media Group, in the United Kingdom and is headquartered in London.
Spacetoon also has a branch in Spain and Portugal.